RFI UHF 4dB 380-440MHZ Mopole Antenna Stud Mount with 5m Cable No Connector
When the CD51-65-70 gets mounted on a vehicle gutter or similar position, these UHF Mopoles provide optimum performance with a largely omni-directional pattern.
Due to the low angle of radiation inherent in the dipole antenna pattern, a 4.0 dB improvement in performance is typical when compared to a 3 wave whip in the centre of a metal roof.
The end fed design of the UHF Mopoles incorporates a truly unique transformer in the base section.
In this patented feed assembly, the dielectric of the coaxial feeder cable is trimmed to a set length and then introduced into the coil in termination.
The result is a precisely matched feed which is so consistent that tuning to frequency from a chart becomes a matter of course.
CD51 antennas are fitted with a flexible nylon radome over a copper element - ideal in industrial applications. CD50 antennas have an elegant and durable tapered stainless steel whip section.
There are two styles of mounting arrangements offered.
The CD50-xx-70 and CD51-xx-70 versions mount via a threaded stud and nut assembly.
The antenna can be easily terminated, tuned and re-terminated in the field using the instructions supplied.
Its patented design allows the coaxial cable to be replaced in the field without specialised tools or soldering.
The CD50-xx-50 and CD51-xx-50 versions mate with the MBC coaxial base providing an internal, permanent connection in a completely sealed unit.
The MBC base is easy to install and allows the entire antenna to be removed and replaced at will.
- Versatile - Ground plane independence allows alternative mounting locations
- Performance - High performance and largely omni-directional pattern when not centre roof mounted
- Convenient - Patented design allows termination or retermination in seconds
- Stainless steel whip or flexible nylon whips cater to individual needs
- Durable - Base coil is virtually indestructible
- Unique transformer design
- Australian Patents #596830 and #656793
- Mopole™ antennas such as the CD50 and CD51 exhibit a 4dB improvement in performance over a ¼ wave whip but in pattern tests deliver only 2.0 to 2.5dB of actual gain. This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower angle of radiation and is of particular benefit to users in rugged terrain conditions and in heavily built up city areas.
- Available preterminated with 5m 8058 RG58C/U. Use -73 or -53 suffix to replace -70 or -50 suffix.
|Brand||RF Industries (RFI)|
|Antenna Frequency||380 - 440 MHz|
|Antenna Gain||4 dBi|
|Cable Type||RFI-9006 (RG58)|
|Antenna Material / Construction||Copper braid element in flexible nylon tubing|